For the Muffins:
2 1/2 C. flour
1 C. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1 C. sour cream
1/2 C. The Pinehurst Olive Oil Co. Persian Lime Olive Oil
1 t. grated lime zest
1 t. grated lemon zest
For the Glaze:
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In medium bowl whisk together sour cream, eggs, oil and zests.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and mix in wet ingredients with a spoon. Batter will be thick. Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare glaze while muffins bake. In small saucepan, heat lemon and lime juice and sugar and bring to a boil. Boil until sugar dissolves.
- When muffins are done, remove from oven and immediately brush with warm glaze. Remove from muffin tins to cool. May serve warm or at room temperature.