- 1 (16-ounce) package gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mushroom & sage olive oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces chanterelle mushrooms
- 1-3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
(Can use mushrooms of choice in place of the cremini and chanterelle!)
- Boil a large pan of salted water. Add the gnocchi and cook according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. When the butter melts, add the onion cook for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are slightly browned.
- Add the vegetable stock, sage, salt, and black pepper. Simmer uncovered for about 8 minutes or until some of the liquid evaporates.
- Add the cooked gnocchi to the skillet. Toss to combine and stir until heated through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with the Parmesan cheese and more chopped sage.
- Serve warm.