- 3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes (unpeeled)
- 2 shallots (thickly sliced)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup Mushroom Sage olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp dried chervil
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Brush a 9-10 inch cast iron skillet with oil.
- Combine flavoured olive oil, salt, pepper and chervil.
- Thickly slice shallots.
- Thinly slice potatoes (I used a mandolin).
- Place potato slices vertically in cast iron skillet.
- Add the wedges of shallots throughout.
- Brush oil/herb mixture over potatoes and shallots.
- Add more salt and pepper over top.
- Bake for 2 hours…until golden and crispy.